Almost everyone possesses a wireless device in this time and age and most all devices are Bluetooth compatible too. It’s super easy and convenient for users to engage with. Yet people struggle with questions like why won’t my Bluetooth Headphones connect to my Chromebook? With our troubleshooting tips, this issue will no longer bother you.
Modern devices are more often than not equipped with Bluetooth technology. This short-range technological advancement allows two devices to connect and exchange data. Among other devices such as mouse, keyboards, etc., Bluetooth headphones have become super popular!
The Chromebook is Bluetooth-compatible. However, sometimes there can be some kinks and errors in connecting your Bluetooth headphones or other devices to it. For instance, people often complain of their inability to connect devices to Chromebook via Bluetooth. Let’s fix that worry today!
How To Connect Wireless Headphones To Chromebook?
There’s one thing to do before tackling the problems that make you wonder why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Chromebook. Understand the right way to connect your Bluetooth device to your Chromebook. Making sure you’re connecting Bluetooth the right way will help eliminate one reason why Bluetooth isn’t working when connecting to your Chromebook.
Here’s how to connect wireless headphones to Chromebook. Check if these are the steps you typically follow:
- Go to Chromebook settings and visit the Bluetooth tab.
- Make sure the Bluetooth headphones are also charged.
- If Bluetooth is disconnected on your Chromebook, click the icon to enable it. Once enabled, your Chromebook will start listing down discoverable Bluetooth devices near you.
- Turn on the Bluetooth headphones.
- As soon as you see the headphones’ name on the discoverable devices on Chromebook, click connect or pair.
- You will hear a beep from your headphones when they are connected and the Chromebook will also confirm it.
Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Chromebook: Explained
There are a couple of reasons why your Bluetooth headphones are not connecting to your Chromebook. No, this does not necessarily mean that either your Bluetooth device or the Chromebook is kaput. Actually, there are more probable and easily fixable reasons to consider first!
For instance, some plausible explanations include:
- Your Bluetooth headphones are already paired up and connected with another device. This would mean that they will either not show up on the Chromebook or simply won’t connect.
- Another reason could be that the wireless Bluetooth device you have is not compatible with Chromebook. As such, it fails to connect to the Chromebook.
- It is also possible that the Bluetooth connection of your headphones has timed out.
- Finally, it is also worth considering that the Chromebook itself requires a boost and restart.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones With Chromebook
The next time you’re frustrated thinking why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Chromebook, go over these troubleshooting tips! If your devices are Bluetooth compatible and there is no serious technical issue, the problem will be resolved in a jiffy.
Try the following methods to fix Bluetooth not working with the Chromebook issue:
1. Disable Bluetooth
Disable Bluetooth on both the wireless device as well as your Chromebook. Wait for a while before enabling it. Try connecting the devices again after a few minutes to see if there’s any improvement.
2. Restart Chromebook
Another hack is to turn off your Chromebook for some time. This will cool down the device and refresh the system when you turn it back on. Leave the device be for 5 to 10 minutes when powered off. Restart and try connecting to the Bluetooth device again.
3. Check the Bluetooth Device
It is possible that the issue is within the Bluetooth headphones themselves. Carefully check that the Bluetooth headphones are fully charged and in pairing mode. Also, make sure they are disconnected from any other devices nearby.
If you are still getting the Bluetooth not working error, unpair and forget the device on the Chromebook. Restart it and try pairing again.
4. Range Check
It is crucial to remember that Bluetooth is a short-range technology. Connection problems may also stem from a larger distance between paired devices. Keep your Bluetooth headphones within 10 ft of the Chromebook.
The maximum distance a really good Bluetooth device can tolerate is 30 ft.
5. Update Chromebook
Bugs on the Chromebook due to a lack of updates and an outdated version can also cause Bluetooth connectivity to falter. So, update the Chromebook and try reconnecting the Bluetooth headphones again. Hopefully, you won’t pull your hair out screaming why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Chromebook. Because this time, they will connect.
It’s finally time to say bye-bye to constantly wondering “why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Chromebook”. Now that you know the reason for disconnectivity as well as the tips to connect Bluetooth, your musical days will be back.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why won’t my headphones connect to my chrome book?
If you are unable to connect your headphones with the chrome book, check if there is any system update available. If yes, install it. Now, turn the Bluetooth off and turn it back on. Restart your Chromebook and stream music.
2. Why won’t my earbuds connect to my chrome book?
To connect your earbuds to chrome book, follow these steps:
Step 1: Turn on the earbuds and make sure they are in pairing mode
Step 2: Now, on the bottom right of your screen, click on Quick Settings Panel
Step 3: Select Bluetooth
Step 4: Locate the name of your earbuds and choose it
Step 5: Follow the instructions on the screen to connect
3. Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my chrome book Bluetooth?
If your Bluetooth headphones are not connecting to your chrome book, try these steps:
Step 1: From the button-right corner, click on the user menu
Step 2: Now, select Bluetooth
Step 3: Your chrome book will scan for Bluetooth devices
Step 4: Connect to your Bluetooth device
4. Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my chrome book buds?
Make sure that your Bluetooth headphones are close to the chrome book. You can also try turning off and back on the Bluetooth. Moreover, see if your headphones are fully charged.